Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Small thought.

I feel like, at this point in time, I am interested in exploring the small, obsessive parts of identity that accumulate into a larger idea, that then snowball with other bits of identity, that then complete a whole person. But what is a whole person made of? What are the categories of identity? How far can I break them down before they desolve into unsubstantiated nothingingness? But if I can break any bit of identity down to it's most banal parts and then make it trivial, then what does that say? That we need the whole in order to validate all the little pieces that garner our attention along the way?

I weighed myself three times today. This is not abnormal.

3/9/10: 10:54am-176.4 lbs, 10:15pm-174.4 lbs, 12:17am-176 lbs.

This is obsessive. This is unnecessary. These measurements tell me nothing about the whole. But still, I want to know. I need to know to keep myself on track, to stay motivated, to be aware of who am at this moment. But the goal is larger and further away. The the issue of health is more complex then how much I weigh, but still I measure, in the most simple way I can, my "progress" and "myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment