Sunday, January 17, 2010

Self Portrait on Linens





With these three objects, I am working with the tensions between the old model of femininity, the new model and how two still are continuing to butt heads and affect the modern woman's dress. I'm using the cloths to express aspects of women, but also how the cloths "make the WOman." Each outfit speaks to different physical restraints and implications of the wearer. I'm exploring all my options within my garments, as modern women seek to explore all their options and how their dress plays a crucial role in how they live life.

2 comments:

  1. you do amazing cutouts. teach me your ways. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. magic wand selection tool. but it only works well if there's nothing for the image to compete with. hence, the white background.

    ReplyDelete